Written Nov. 12, 2002
Sometimes I think the rain is endless. As far as I can see, the sheets of cold tears from heaven blanket the muddy ground and hard sidewalk. But I am getting ahead of myself. I have been stuck in the house all day long, urging to run free outside, but the waterfall from the sky stops me. The doors open and close, allowing me access to the outside world, but the invisible wall at the end of the patio is impenetrable. I sit upon the bricks jutting out from the wall, waiting foever, for the rain to stop, but it never does.
The doors open again. I step inside only to feel suffocated and walk back onto the porch. The chill in the air, the smell of damp grass is taken away by the drops of water. You would think it would be no big deal to run out in the rain. Humans do it all the time, why can't I? I grew up in weather like this, living on my own terms and going out when I wanted to. Yet the tiny angry water gods stop me from venturing any futher.
Let me tell you, dear reader, that normally I am not adverse to water, unlikely as that my seem. In fact, I quite enjoy rushing water or the stillness of a pool, not to mention the cool refeshing drink on a hot day. Yet this wall of wind and water can not let anything to pass. So I sit, on my perch, away from the suffocating warmth of the house, waiting for the rain to end.
---------Guido La Bounty

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home