School, man it just makes me so tired, and not want to even turn on my comp
Well, finally the concert.
The Sunday started out like any normal sunday
got up, went to church, held our garage sale, when in the middle of the day
Cindy calls and asks if I want to go to the Janet Jackson concert...
when?
tonight she says...
and I did something that I never thought I would ever do...
I said "sure, why not?"
day continues on...
we all meet at my house around five or so
go to KFC to eat... (actually a big step for me considering my current issues with food)
then drive over to Arco Arena for the concert
Once we get there (me, Cindy, Krista, Bamboo, and Alan). I have to head back to the car to put the cameras away. You see at the NSync concert we were able to sneak in cameras, but ever since Sept. 11 security everywhere got tighter and I had to put them away. Even people with the tiny swiss army knives had to put them away or give them to management.
Now after fighting mobs to get in, mobs to buy stuff, we get to our seats.
Row Q in the upper balcony.. but even though we were so high that mountain goats dare not pass, we could still see the stage quite well.
lets see... 112 opens, and performs for about 45 minutes or so... very good performace.
intermission, and my headache increases and i'm tired, now I am rethinking about making such a rash decision in the first place.
But then Miss Jackson comes on...
there is no real way to describe the concert... it was AWESOME and just CHAOS.
now I loved it, I don't know much of the stuff of the All for You CD, but she did songs from her entire career... from Control to Somebody to call my lover.. She brought things back from the Velvet Rope tour (the funky bug/flower/wonderland type set) and added stuff that you might see in a Van Gogh painting or something.
When she came out to sing her ballads, the crowd was cheering so much that it took her THREE tries just to finish the song. And sometimes she would hold up the mic and have the crowd sing and she would join in at random points. She said she just loved that. She was just too adorable for words sometimes.
and then the *ahem* not suggested for children section of the show began...
meaning that she picked a guy from the audience brought him on stage, strapped him to a table, and danced for him,, by the end of the song the table had disappeared below the stage, for quite some time.
yeah, ... the extra perks of getting floor seats
yeah, it was a awesome concert! So glad that I went, with Cindy next to me rockin out the whole time ( i tried to stand up and dance with her, but the people next to me and behind me were giving me odd looks- making me wonder "why are you here?")
so after almost 3 hours on stage, it ends and we head home!
it was a great way to end the summer!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home