Friday, September 14, 2001

This will hopefully be one of my last blogs about the attack...
warning... philosophical blog ahead...
Last night, when I went to pick up my aunt from San Dimas, so that my mom wouldn't have to do it, I was noticing traffic and all the people in their cars. Well a semi cuts me off, and in the like half an inch of dirt on the back of the truck was written " The time for 'diplomacy' is dead". And it got me thinking about how many people are angry about the whole situation.(well it also got me thinking about "Kiss of the Dragon" with bad cops and bad french accents... but that has nothing to do with the current situation) Like I mentioned before... it is understandable to be angry, but I just can't bring myself to be that way. When I got over the inital shock of the situation, it led into crushing sadness. To know that it was someones mom or dad (or the grim possibility of both), brother, sister, cousin, friend... and with certainty, someones son or daughter.
I still can't believe that this has happened.
Its too much like "War of the Worlds" or something.
But it is true.
Sometimes, when I am driving and listening to the radio, all I want to do is to curl up into a little ball and cry. I want everyone to find the peace within ourselves to deal with this tragedy.
My world will never be the same. It is true.. from the beginning the media has said that the ultimate weapon of terrorists is fear.(to instill Terror in a collective group of people- thus 'terror-ists') And America has banded together in ways no one would have imagined before, and no one expresses fear right now. We need to think things through in order to find a solution.
Be slow to anger.
Realize that this world is filled with more good people than bad, and that a war, with the definite possibility that more innocents will perish should not be the first instinct. It is time to tap into the soul of human emotion and awaken brotherhood. Unite.. but in peace. The reality of war is very real and it looms over the horizon, but .... i just don't know.
When you pray, as I am sure that many of you pray, especially today, remember the victims, the passengers on the flights, the workers in all the buildings, the firefighters, the police, the EMTs, the volunteers... and not to forget the survivors, the people who will never forget the sounds of the explosions, or the images of the buildings crumbling right in front of them, the families that have lost loved ones, and the families that are still looking for news about their loved ones... and as a final piece- pray for the rest of the world, that someone was so scarred and so damaged in the head that they thought that this was a good idea, that they are so far removed from the essence of human life that they could not truly realize the reprecussions of this act, or if they did could not fathom the hurt that a nation is experiencing. And pray that those who help them or planned this that they will realize what they have done and that something like this will never happen again.

Hate only begets more hate
Violence only invokes more violence
so find love.

plus, with Gloria Gaynor as backup "At first I was afraid, I was petrified... but I grew strong, and I learned how to carry on... did I crumble? Did I lay down and die? Oh no not I, I will Survive"

We Will Survive... and rise above this... and become greater than we ever thought possible... because we are free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home