I look around my office, and I read online that a lot of people are angry. And those feelings are very understandable, but to me... I just have this feeling of loss. You see, I remember what it was like to stand on the top floor of the World Trade Center and to see forever.. Its horrible to see that there are now more than 10,000 people dead, who woke up this morning just like you and me, grumbled as they had to get to work, and then something like this happens. I feel horrible for the passengers on the planes, seeing that you were about to crash and nothing you could do about it. The undeniable sense of loss and confustion that is plaguing the citizens of New York, the family members and friends of the passengers, and the entire country.
My parents were sent home from work.. my work... just kept on going like nothing is really happening.
But there is one thing that I am SO grateful for...
a very good friend of mine, her and her family were the only things that I could think of when I was coming home from Hawaii, and the only thing I could think of last night... well she is still here today. I found out this morning, that her and her mother (who I consider my mom too) were scheduled to be on a flight to New York. Since the FAA shut down the airports, they are still here. And I am grateful for that.
So while work goes on around me.. and all I can do is blog and listen to the radio
its true.. in the words of U2
"you get stuck in a moment, that you can't get out of"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home