Hidey Ho Everybody!
Here I am sitting in a hotel room looking out onto the beach at Waikiki. Yep thats right.. sitting here in hawaii . Jealous? Well don't be.. I have to be here with my parents. Well we left for this tropical paradise on saturday and after arriving and checking into the hotel we headed down to the international marketplace. Here were hundreds or little shops all selling "aloha" wear , puka shells and dashboard hula dancers. Walking around the various shops with my mom and dad and parents friends with my mom being the typical asian shopper (stopping everywhere, looking at stuff that she is no even somewhat interested in, and then walking out or haggling prices that are already on sale) and my dad being the typical male american shopper- walking past everything without looking in and just wanting to get out of there, the shopping trip was not all the excitement that we had hope for. So with me buying absurd amounts of necklaces and seeing all the skinny people in swimsuits walking around me... *sigh* I just wanted to hang out in the hotel. But no.. we went to mass, went to a local resturant that was selling steak and lobster for like $11 and then walked home, with my mom complaining all the way.
Sunday, woke up at the absurd hour of 6am (but considering that it was 9am california time I guess its ok) and didn't have anything to do. My dad and his friend Louis went out scuba diving, and my mom and I went to a week- events orientation (You see, my parents own time share here- meaning that we have two weeks in this hotel a year everytime that we book it- Anyone want to come to hawaii next year?) Sunday was just more shopping and hanging out with my mom and buying more gifts and clothes. That night we also walked over to the Hard Rock Cafe in Honolulu. Good Times, Good times... I guess. My father was upset about the dives becuase he had a panic attack at 30 feet below and had to come back up. and me being no stranger to panic seizures *ahem* Ikea *ahem* realized that you cant let these things hang you up.. they just happen, but there was still a damper on the whole evening and now i guess the whole week.
Monday- dad and louis still out diving and my mom and I make a thrid trip to the international market place. After that we head down to the beach where I feel like a lifeguard on duty. You see my mom is stubborn... hot so that she wanted to get in the water... and doesn't know how to swim. So all I did was sit on the beach staring at her like she was a little kid or something making sure that she didn't do anything stupid or get caught in a undercurrent or something. Later that night we go to a Luau at a local hotel. Pretty good, made friends with the old people in line ahead of us and some austrailians that sat next to me. So as the old people talk about poi, and the austrailians get drunk on mai tais and wine beside me... some polynesian dancers come to give their weekly performance. All I have to say that if I wanted to bring something home from Hawaii for me, it would have to be the male dancer in the yellow board shorts--- yummy!! Too bad my mom was sitting next to me the whole time getting a little tipsy on khaula and cream. Luau had some good food, cute guys, (and cute girls too for the male readers) so night was good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home