Tuesday, September 04, 2001

TUESDAY-
went to Pearl Harbor today. well, I never saw the movie and this is the second time that I have been here, and neither trip did i enjoy very much. But since the adults that are with me are all air force we went. Now I think as I get older I being to question everything about the world. Like I really don't think any country is all that great. Nearly every country if not all of them have oppressed others in some way, shape, or form. You just find a place were you can find home. Well at Pearl Harbor (with a remarkable number of Japanese tourists) I witnessed what to me felt like the biased representation of the war. The was a video that everyone had to watch before you could go out to the memorial (USS Arizona- one of the 2 sunken ships in the attack) and in this film it made the Japanese look like monsters and the US was a group of angels that stepped in to "Preserve the rights of human kind everywhere". Now War is war . Japan did horrible things to the countries they occupied and there really is no excuse for these actions, but in the video and the subsequent videos about the war... ignoring the european aspects of the war... but made the US seem like some angels of mercy we stepped in and ended the war. (OH YEAH mr announcer... did you forget that they ended the war by dropping bombs on two major cities in Japan and therefore killed masses of people instantly and leaving other to deal with the poisoning in the air and disease that raged through the land for years to come (umm... flashbacks of Sadako and the thousand paper cranes right now) ) But yeah..I felt funny seeing all the Japanese tourists and wondering what they are thinking at those points... Oh well... me a little bit bitter at the US government... well yeah... but thats a different story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home