If there is one thing that I have learned in all the really weird experiences its always to trust your gut... those feelings that you get.
Like when some little voice inside of you tells you to get out of a building... get out of the building.
but adding to Tristyn not being in New York yesterday, another feeling that I followed keeps me sane today.
Last wednesday, while I was in Hawaii, my parents got calls from work because something was going wrong. You see, I love it when my parents go out of town because it just gives me some alone time at home, and not as many errands to do. But when we got calls from LA about work, my first instinct was to do what I usually do. Bitch and moan that we are going where we are supposed to be going. But this time... I didn't. Some gut feeling inside of me just told me to leave things alone and not to worry so much.
So I just sat and watched TV.
Thursday, they get another phone call saying that their DAB (i can't remember what it means) was cancelled, and thus a series of meetings that my father was supposed to be at was cancelled also. The feeling of "oh man, that means they are going to be home all week" resurfaced... but again that gut feeling came out saying "leave it alone, things can be worse."
And things certainly could have been worse...
you see, had those meetings continued, My father would have been in the Pentagon yesterday.
secondly, if they had not called in Hawaii and cancelled it then, My father would have been on American Airline Flight 11, from Boston to LAX... the ill-fated flight that crashed into the north tower.
my father may not have been here today
so I trust my gut feelings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home