Thursday, September 27, 2001

Life
its funny isn't it....
when suddenly your life goes into a tailspin
Now that school is starting and I have a bunch of time to sit around and think (and slowly clean my room) I've had one of these moments to sit around and asses whats going on in my life. Plus staying and talking to booger till 4:30 in the morning helped work through some stuff too.
I'm starting my thrid year at UC Davis, therefore being an upperclassman and having to seriously think about what I am going to do after I graduate... do I join the air force and have them pay for my law school? Do I work at my old high school and work on my teaching credentials? Or is someone, somewhere going to discover me and suddenly I make it big in Hollywood or have a record deal =)
I am actually making the big step to declaring my majors, I have had them decided for like forever, but never filled out to forms.
Renewed my driver's license and now it doesn't have the blue stipe saying when I would turn 18
Time has come for me to realize that certain things are never going to be the same
some things are lost
relationships changed
some stronger
some weaker
but nothing is the same
Now is a time to find myself again. I found myself once... and it got me this far, now it is time to take the next step.
A phi O events are being planned, taking more and more classes to progress me towards graduation, time for me to set my goals and to actually achieve them.
To take the opportunities that are given to me
To not be so scared of what is over the horizon

So what have I done so far?
learned to let go of some things, realizing my place in the lives and hearts of others, remembering a family that loves me- no matter what because I have already made them proud, reconnecting with things lost, finding a place where I can be happy and where the stress of just living doesn't drive me insane to lengths that I no longer want to remember

what else?
I finally got a job... one that will get me through the school year. Its fairly simple, I'm one of three house managers and so relatively easy work with light schedule. something that will still give me time to do the things I want to do.

and ... dum, dum, dum...
This upcoming January, I am going to spend 12 days in Austrailia! Yep, hiking through the rain forest, visiting tribespeople, snorkeling through the barrier reef, and taking the skyway to the top of the Blue Mountain Range. Why? You see when I was a senior in high school, I was nominated and went to a National Youth Leadership Forum on Law in Washington DC, where I was a delegate type person and went through a week of working with lawyers, etc... Now these people (the American Govenment basically) keep tabs on you and your progress through college. Well now, they called me and 59 other college students in America to go to Austrailia for a Summit on the Environment. So in addition to observing the environment I have to sit in on lectures and dicussion groups too. *bleh* (I'll probably fall asleep in them like I did when I got the chance to talk to Supreme Court Justice Souter) So being a little freaked, a little excited, and very nervous,
I'M GOING TO AUSTRAILIA!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home