Just when you thought I didn't have anymore to say here it is.
I auditioned for a musical and this makes me wish I was back in high school. this is the second time I auditioned for a UCD production and *sigh* the second time I didn't get cast. I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? But I noticed that recently, the casts of these productions are really small. Like Dr. Faustus is only what
Come on UCD pick stuff with bigger cast so that people like me can fulfill that requirement (the acting requirement) for graduating.
But its cool. I love the theatre department and everyone in it Especially since whenever you work on a show you don't get to see the outside world for a couple of weeks. But i have noticed something... although we can be very goofy and make fun of each other left and right.. we only do it when we are together.
Example: I went to this party on friday and its theme was "heaven on earth" which was a counter to the "devil" opening night party that was thrown last weekend. Now if you know me, I love to dress up. I mean I am a huge chicken but halloween is still my favorite holiday becuase I get to dress up. I was one of those kids who would try on all my moms shoes and reak havoc in her closet. Plus my mom had awesome shoes! But anyways, I know that not many people are going to this party becuase its Memorial day weekend and a whole bunch of people are going to their various home homes. But I live way too far away to go home for the weekend. .. Sorry... getting off track now. SO i get this dress that i am in love with (found out later that Milly is in love with this dress too, but in black) It will be my dress to the next banquet. and I go to hot topic to buy wings. Since my old wings have disappeared off the face of the planet. I ask how much and the girl tells me $85. Oh my god! that is WAYYYYYY too much for me to spend on wings. Even though thay are beautiful. Now I am running around the mall trying to find wings that are cheaper than $85 dollars. ANd worrying about Kalen who drove me, also who I left behind at electronics boutique. Back and forth back and forth I finally just try spencers gifts, and I find BLACK wings... which are $40. Now I know that this sounds really expensive too... but these suckers are BEAUTIFUL but they are lack. I ask the girl at the counter if they have any white. and so they sell me the display wings, with 10% off! So now I am running back to the other side of the mall to get Kalen to go home.
Play goes fine, and then I come home with my friend Darcie to get ready for the party. I nab a quick shower and get dressed with glitter and white make-up on. Darcie in silvery/gray pants and a powder blue shirt. Then we drive the three blocks or so to the party and I walk in the door. and everyone is just standing in a circle talking. No one is doing anything. Tom, Evan, and everyone else in the circle are now staring at me and Darice, and then we realize that we are the only ones in any type of theme attire. Well, one guy is wearing an all white suit, and the host is wearing all white... but hmmmm I am standing here with a three foot wingspan. Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't horribly embarrassed or anything, nor was I feeling stupid. I just wished that more people would have come dressed up.
THen I realize the full weight of the situation. Brian is throwing two parties at the same time. The drama people on the inside and a whole buch of other people on the outside. Now I see why no one is doing anything. Also don't even ask me to explain the music that was playing. Anyways, after an hour of avoiding people to dance with, passing around a lust card, and hiding behind Damion, Darcie and I give up all hope of any fun and head back home. Oh well
at least I have a cute dress and awesome wings now

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home