hey there buddy bear! (or bears I guess)
lookie... i'm alive! and working. finally
sad to say that I cannot be online as much as i would like. If you recall the antics from last summer I would update almost everyday becuase I had DSL at work. well my new work is quite lacking in that department.
i started working at the DWP on wednesday, and my "office" is the storage cubicle. No phone, no computer, no nothing. I don't even have neighbors.
but as i say "it's all about the money(s) honey(s" so i can't complain.
though I don't get paid the senior wages since I'm not a senior "yet"
drawbacks:
I don't have a phone
I don't have a computer ( i get on on monday)
---- when I get it, its doesn't have internet
no one talks to each other--- so here's the deal. When I worked at the nursing office last summer I worked long hours (like 10 hour days, without lunch etc.) but it was cool because the people were really nice, and it was cool to just chat with them. Sure sometimes it was boring, but thats why we call it work right? but at the DWP, I am stuck in this cubicle all day long, as people ignore each other.
It was really weird for me just to leave for lunch with my aunt. didn't tell anyone, just left. At my other jobs, I gave warning if i was leaving and when I would be back. Here, no one cares. I could probably be gone like 3 hours for lunch, and no one would know the difference.
my work sucks--- my whole job is to take printouts and match then up to time sheets. Only thing is, alot of the times they don't match up nicely. Sometimes, there are like 10 names on a prinout and 6 names on a time sheet, so nothing just fits together. its gets frustrating at times, but just gotta deal.
timing- i work from 6:45am to 4pm. yeah, I'm up at like 5:30am every morning. and if you know me, you know THATS absurd.
local- the DWP is located right in the middle of Downtown LA. which means I need to sleep over at my aunts house during the week, and stay at home on the weekends. I miss my house, and I would like to see my family every once in a while.
the good stuff-
I get paid pretty good, about 14 bucks an hour (before taxes)
I can only work 8-9 hour days, no pay for overtime
I don't have to drive to work, I make my cousin drive
I have realtive privacy, no one to really check up on me. so I could take like 20 breaks (I don't, but hypothetically) and no on ewould notice.
they don't have any other than coffee (and a water fountain) which forces me to drive more water, which is healthy.
the cafeteria is actually pretty good
I can listen to my musical all day
I made great progress in the story that I am writing.
i get exercise- in addition to taking walks around the floors during breaks, and when I walking around to go to lunch (or buy lotto tickets---- $115 million dollars! I want it) .... I also force myself to walk up 10 fights of stairs every day. and back down it (no matter how much I want to take the elevators back down). woo hoo, maybe I can actually get in shape! .... (umm... *hides the pringles she's eating*)
free food- thats the one good thing about working with family, they come through with buying you lunch all the time
food extended--- my appetite has severly decreased in recent years, and so one meal lasts like 3. My one aunt myake my food in the morning (i can usually only tackle a piece of toast) and my other aunt buys me lunch- which I take home and ta da! dinner. Yeah, one meal for most people equals 3 for me. I hope I don't get malnourished... umm... too late.
working with my cousin alfred- the goof. nuff said.
and no matter how much i dislike it, or go crazy... i'm only there for 4 more weeks.
g'nite everyone.
wish that i could blog more often, but as I said, work keeps me pretty busy. But I'll try!.
*mwah*
PS- Wedgie- like the card? (*ahem* if you don't know... check your e-mail) but smiles and starshine headed your way!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home