I had better update this before Booger gets bored up in Davis.
just so you know
1)booger, I AM eating lunch right now... relatively healthy chicken strips (be proud!)
2) as my best friends parents.. they are doing okay, I say them at church yesterday, and while her dad looked okay, her mom looked
like death warmed over... but the thing that I am sick of is the "gossips" which are the moms of my friends since elementary school
(including my own mom) are all trying to make her dad sound like the bad guys. Like everything that happened is his fault. Plus
it sort of pisses them off that MY dad and I are treating it like we should be- concerned for the welfare of our friends, but generally
staying out of their business. HAHAHA I love driving them nuts
3) Good Luck to Dan who is on his way to Europe tonight!!!
4) Expo was so COOL. Well the Lady Marmalade Boy skit was a little bit unexpected, but being on security definitly had some of its perks for me. Now many of you may not get this since there aren't that many people who watch anime as avidly as I do who also read this, when I was on security, I got to be a personal bodyguard to Kikuko Inoue-san during masquerade (she does the voice of Belldandy for AMG, and a whole bunch of other people I don;t know right now), I bought a movie poster for $25 then more than tripled its value when I got the character designer of the movie to sign it (the AMG movie) I also got the character designer for Sakura Taisen to sign the back of my badge, plus I got to be on Watase Yu's video camera when I was in costume, and got to escort her to her hotel room (Watase-san is the creator of Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi No Ceres). My highlight was when Inoue-san said that she actually liked my costume (which I put on becuase I flipped a coin) waai waai!!!
lets see other things about expo- most of the disgruntled attendees didn't come to me. I think that I looked too pathetic that they felt sorry for me. One day, on a dare, a co-staffer and I started working in out PJ's.(quote me to everyone who asked "I'm just kickin' it in my jammies today" and everyone thought the penguins (for thouse of you who MIGHT know... it was a blue spagetti sting tank top and matching pajama pants with penguins all over them) and everyone told me different things about the penguins, they were Totoros or PataPataPeppy or whatever) (Hey Kevin, 12,000 people say me in them, and you haven't yet, j/k luv ya man) and it was so sweet becuase people said they would remember me from previous years (they may have been hitting on me... not quite sure) But this one lady that I DID remember from previous years told me "oh sweetie, they look like they dragged you out of bed this morning [looks at my clothes] MY GOD that DID drag you out of bed this morning" and then she gives me a hug. So alot of the really nice people talked to me, I think it is becuase I talked to them, I didn't just yell out orders on how we were going to work a line, and I was too tired to be fustrated with any of them, plus they could tell that I was honestly doing my best to help them. PLUS according to one guy I was the cute staffer with the pretty smile *blush* When he told be that I turned as red as my vest.
Expo was cool, got to hang out with my best guy friend Rick, for like five minute increments at a time and I kept missing him at the dance. I bought the poster, a Ken-ohki to match my ryo-ohki, and the Magic Knight Rayearth DVD box set 1, and the Robotech box set (yes baby! from way back in the mid- 80's its here). The pajama thing was cool , and I will always remember the look on edwards face when I changed from my costume and he came up to me... took a double take as to this cosplayer in a red vest, and said "Sam, I barely recognized you" and A-ron called me Angela? (whats up with that) There was when Janice pointed out to me that a guy was cute and when I turned to look I see it's Rick, or during closing ceremoines and Rick was told that he looked like Jason Scott Lee (Mowglie from Jungle book) yet another time by another stranger. Expo was cool, the security services staff was cool, and in my 120 hour day with naps in-between, we bonded a lot . Like E.G. telling me the words to the MASH song... OMG they are so sad. but anyways, I'm better get back to work... people are starting to look at me
talk to you soon
plus SPECIAL BONUS
a BLOG ABOUT THE N*SYNC CELEBRITY CONCERT
after I go this weekend!!!! SOOOOO EXCITED

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home