hey Everyone- enjoy the VERY long *Nsync Blog?
here is a brand new one for you: especially all the Northern Cali people. I noticed that the way we speak changes over time. As we learn more and as the times change. Whether it be accents, or just the language in general. For example, when I first met Dan he is the one who knew I was from So Cal becuase I said "the" in front of the freeway names. Meaning when I was giving him directions to (umm... lets say IHOP) I said take THE 113.. blah blah blah." Hella and other slang I picked up from living in Davis for two years.
therefore, while flipping through the August edition of YM this article (more like a blurb) caught my attention:
"How do you spell 'hella'?
And what in the hella does it mean? Juniors at California's Berkeley High School recently answered that very question. They complied a slang dictionary [BORING content removed] Here, some highlights from the original collection:
Blown up (blone up) v., to get paged excessively.
"Ten people have paged her in five minutes; she's getting blown up."
Cheese (cheez) v. (pres. participle: cheesin') , to smile.
"Emilia must have finally hooked up; look how she's cheesin'."
Flossy (FLOSS-ee) adj.: cool, clean, excellent.
"That's a flossy-ass car."
Hella (HEL-ah) adv., extremely, in large quantity.
"There's hella candy in the cabinet."
Kinder bat (KIN-dur bat) n., a person new to the Goth scene.
"I'm seeing a lot of new Kinder bats at the Rocky Horror Picture Show"
Thrillin' (TRIL-in) v. , a combination of trippin' and chillin'.
"My friends and I were just thrillin' last night"
Womp (wahmp) v. , to be negative, sometimes to smell bad.
"This sucks; this really womps."
-Sara Lyle"
yeah... so ummm... what do you guys think? Since the re-blogger site has moved and I don't know where to, my nifty comment thingie for me.
But I really want to know, so either sign the guest book and comment (PLEASE) or you can e-mail me at the_ger_in_booger@hotmail.com. Thanks !!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home