Thursday, July 26, 2001

ah finally,
after spending three and a half hours in a storage room, moving charts form one place to another, I get a chance to get to the back computer and blog. Sorry to everyone who have been checking up to see my side of the concert and junk and everything going on in the crazy mixed up life of mine... but here goes

you can call me a teeny bopper - right booger?- I mean, of the group of us that went to the concert... I am actually still a teen, ok... I won't be one in two and a half months, but 19 still counts (hee hee, barely legal) (did I just say that?) and so it begins
My *Nsync experience

concerts in general have never been high on my list. The only one I ever went to before this was Summer Jam like in 94 or something and was stuck in the extreme nosebleeders. It was Montel Jordan, TLC and Boys II Men. There was no where to sit, no chairs, no tv screens, no anything, and TLC didn't even show up... it was right around the time that they filed for Chapter 11. Performances were great, but the whole experince not so cool. Well when the opportunity came up for me to get tickets the in N*Sync concert, I was a little wary. But since I know that Christina can get killer seats and I really love them, I decided to go. (Side note: while in most things booger and I agree, there is one thing that we don't... boy bands . We have the ultimate rivalry between N*Sync (me) and BSB (her) but we don't let it stop our fun!)
The Weekend

The night before (since I am pretty sure that if you know me, you know how I tell stoies... can you hear it?)
After falling asleep on a plane and having some adventures in switiching phones with at the cingular store, and getting my all-time favorite food (The Costco Hot Dog) (cheap and delicious) My brother and I head home and wait for James to return from Sac so that we can all go watch Legally Blonde. I re-experince my room, even with all the stuff my brother uses it for while I am away, and set to record the Rugrats aniversary special. Finally James decides to meet us at the movie theatre for the 9:55 show, and we (now, me, Kuya Willie, and Dave) still in the apartment watching Life is Beautiful (sniff) and head over to the theater. Great Movie... but I won't ruin it for you.
The next morning (continuing on with stuff having nothing to do with the concert)
Waking up in my bed (man I miss my full bed) and heading down to Oakland to pick up Milly, the driving around SF to find the Dim Sum place... with a little car trouble along the way. But Dim sum was so much fun! Well I ate a bunch of food that I still don't know what it was, and got to hang out with people I haven't seen in a while, like Booger, Andy, Steve, Kevin, etc... plus my Big Bro ^4 Jason. Who couldn't believe that I actually flew up from LA to see the N*Sync concert. Then post- dim sum we walked 13 blocks to get Bolba, the mix-up in the shop, and then walking 15 blocks to the car. Thanks to Royce who drove us downtown, where we met up with Kalaine, then walked another couple blocks to go shopping in the city. We went shopping in the HUGE make-up store, where I became Christina's and Milly's human barbie doll and let them put whatever make-up they wanted on me as Kalaine said "being naturally dramatic or dramatically natural" well, we next we went to the Fossil shop, where Milly got a watch and Christina got a new wallet, then got on a bus, got back to the car, and then headed to Oakland. On the way we stopped off at Jack London Square to go to Nations- a burger place- which was horribly under construction, and then finally headed to the Concert.
At the concert:
parking was fairly easy, except absurdly expensive ($15) and then we walked to get the tickets from the will-call booth. Finding that we got in the wrong line, we went and got in the right one and got out tickets. We were seated on the field, which we knew would be close to the stage. I but a program since there is no line at the merchandising booth, and I knew that there would be one later, and we go find our seats. We were so close... well at least to me we were.. Eden's crush was on (ahem... the group that I should be in, hee hee) I call my cousin and leave a message on his voice mail so that he could hear them..but it was too loud.
Well some guy named Dante Thomas comes on, umm... sorta boring, left to get some food while he was singing. (he wasn;t even singing his own songs) but there was a cute asian dancer guy with him. After him was Samantha Mumba, as she was cool, but I was kinda tired of waiting and getting bored.
Then they started the countdown!!! 30 minutes!!! were they crazy? we had been sitting here for hours and there was still 30 minutes to go. They showed some cute commercial with the guys, but too much Verizon stuff. Finally the concert starts....
they guys emege from this pyrmid thingie in the middle of the field and start by singing dirty pop. I'm excited, everyone's excited, the 12 -year olds- are going crazy. (hee hee) and they ar running up and down the aisle-way and I am so excited. There is no way for me to tell you play-by-play what happened at the concert. But I screamed my head off and had so much fun. Yeah booger may say the BSB concert was better , I wouldn't know.. I didn't see it. But since I could actually see their faces and everything that they were doing... it was awesome. To see them so close, and have them wave or wink (Joey) at me was the greatest. Plus I made a friend with an incoming freshman at UCD who was also at the concert. They used ALOT of special effects, but what I tough was cool was the blending of the old songs along with with new. They used the video screens alot, and in one song even the live film looked like an old silent movie, like the theme of the song. Mechanical bulls, video games, Big Patrick from FAO, lasers shows, and (as only the MVPs could do) links to A Phi O. By the way Justin, JC, and Joey are ALL in Close, while Lance and Chris are in a mix between Loose and Close. Tight family has the female dancers. (this was based on the colors they wear in the show. Although at one point Chris could be in Tight) Hee hee. so much fun I'm still so happy talking about it. I'm gonna go buy the CD (yes, I still don't have it- I'm not THAT much of a teeny bopper) But I don't normally buy CDs... I just make them.
Well they end the concert with Bye Bye Bye of course and doing a little magic by diappearing off the stage.
To get home we got lost a couple times... getting out of the arena, and on the way back, but its all good.
Thanks to everyone who made this past weekend so special. I loved it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home