If you could reach into my head
and pull out all my thoughts
one by one
and lay them out in front of you
on the cutting room floor of life
what would you see?
do you know what you would see?
are you sure?
do you know who I am?
the deepest darkest recesses of my brain
could you handle it?
the pain, the sacrifice, the blood
the memories that even I can't handle
could you handle the nightmares?
can you even handle these words?
the blood, sweat, and tears I have shed
just to make you happy
can you see me?
becuase suddenly I see you all too clearly
the shallowness you pride yourself on
the joke that you make of life
i'm tired
I'm leaving
I wish I could believe you
when you say things will get better
but I don't
you once meant something to me
you once meant everything to me
but I see that I mean nothing to you
so I'm gone

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home