Monday, March 11, 2002

this is me, procrastinating my work for finals...
BAD BAD Sam!

but here I am anyways....

While walking back to my car from class today I started thinking about people that I know. There is this one girl that I have known for a year now, and I recall that when we first met, she always told me stories about her friends from high school - whom of couse I had no idea who they were- but she told the stories anyway. So, walking back I realized that her stories changed, now involving the people I knew too, people she met in college.

then I realized I did that too. The stories I come home with no longer involve Elisa, or Rick, or Jason, etc... now they have Christina, Sarah, Lily, Tony, Minh, Mischa, etc... (plus the content of the stories has also changed drastically) There is still the occasional high school story, but definitely not as much.

is this the price of growing up?

you gain more friends and tons more stories, but do you lose what you once had.
Lost in the recesses of the library of our minds, never forgotten, but placed on the back burner for an indeterminable amount of time...

what happens when that library gets too full?
where do these memories go?
or they lost?
when do they come back?
how can we find them again?
and what drives us to search?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home