Sunday, June 10, 2001

Wow
finals are upon us and everyone is stressing. Me... I took one yesterdayand I just want to say something
I LOVE the theatre department.
So I have this super hard final right- theatre history- (156A) from Greeks to 1650
and the day before, I head over to a friends house where a whole group of us from our class is getting together and going over the terms for the test. after hours of studying together in the absurd heat, I take a few people home, and then head home myself. All of us leave with the promise of meeting up again two hours before our final to study a bit more.
I show up on Saturday (OK, saturday finals should be outlawed) and drive to the parking lot behind the theatre and across the creek, where there are tons of spots. As I walk back I see people acting like vultures trying to get spots in the other lots. And so I go into the green room and there are a few people there studying. I join in... bust out my ginger men cookies and share, soon we run out.
Now this is why I love the department
right when people are beginning to complain that they are hungry. My Professor walks in (thats right, the professor, not the TA) and says "I figured you guys could use a break and a chocolate fix" and she dumps bags of candy on the table and then leaves saying "see you in a little bit" All of us are ravenous and attack the bags of pretzles, twix, snickers, and assorted hersey miniatures.
Now I don't know about you, but I don't know of any other teachers that would
a) bring you absurd amounts of candy before a final- just to give you a break
b) makes fun of how many notes they give (she always says "now that your hands are about to fall off from the amount of writing you just did")
c) (this holds true for most of the teachers here) they don't like it when you call them by their last names or Professor. Like I have Diane's class, and Janelle's class, and John's class, and Darrell's class... instead of Dr. Sol's class, Professor Reinelt's class, Professor Iacovelli's class, or Professor Winn's class.
d) a teacher that allows you to make snide remarks about the things that she is teaching in the middle of class, and will agree with you.
hee hee, there are stories from cast parties too about directors... hee hee
but anyways
They are awesome
and now... I need to sort thorough 2 spindles of anime
bye for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home