Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Overall, a good day

today started out like most days,
didn't wake up till after noon because insomnia keeps me up till 6 or 7am
got a call from Rosina, and after our respective morning rituals, she would come over and we would do something. What that something is, who knows?
We end up eating at burger king (where we couldn't figure out what the homeless guy out from said to us, but gave him a cup of coffee anyway- Well Rosina paid for it, so I shouldn't take credit), and then heading over to Long's Drugs, where we spent over an hour just walking up and down the aisles buying stuff.

We talked, alot about life and where we are now and the way we got here. Talked about APO and the people in it.
For as much as I complain and as much as I am hurt by certain events, I don't regret my time in APO. I am the person I am today because of it. It allowed me to interact with all different sorts of people and learn how to work with them. It also gives me a better sense of self, because I got to work with serve other people all over the place.

But above all, I love the people.

Without APO I would have never met people like Rosina, Adrienne, Bethany, Sarah, Tiffany, Lily, Christina, Clarissa, Gordon, Mike, Hoai, etc. etc. etc.

and today, I know why I love them.

A group of us (Rosina, me, Gordon, Adrienne, Mike, Hoai, Yurika, and Tien) all went out to Baskin Hobbins for $1 scoop nite. And for a while we just sat there, eating ice cream, talking about whatever we felt like. Guys and Girls and relationships, anime, anything. Then some had to go home, to work, and in the end Gordon, Rosina, and I went to go see Ella Enchanted.

the movie was so cute, but probably the best part about it was, the three of us were the only ones in the theater. We got to do the things you always want to do, but can't when there are people around. And though I actually get to do this quite alot (watching movies by myself or with only a few people in the theater) its always fun to do it with someone new. We threw popcorn at imaginary people, and yelled at invisible couples making out. Best of all we could make all the comments we wanted during the movie, which made it so much better. It may have been raining when we got out,
but came home and it was a good nite.


PS
to add to it, I got a possible job offer thingie, well a friend might be performing a show down in LA over the summer, and I might be able to help him crew/tech it. Here's hoping and knock on wood, don't want to jinx it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home