Saturday, November 08, 2003

R-E-S-P-E-C-T... find out what it means to me...

I have several pet peeves in my life, though many are just minor annoyances that if they went away I would not ever think about it again. But there is one thing that I demand above all else

Respect

I have been fighting an uphill battle my entire life. I have always been the little girl in the big boys world. I hung out with boys all the time, my brothers, my cousins, my friends in school. I work at anime conventions, where being a girl makes people automatically assume I'm not as good an anyone else.
If I can't do something, I will either tell you I can't do it, but I will probably try to do it anyway. I may not look it, but I can probably take you down. Okay, if you outweigh me by a hundred pounds maybe not, but I won't go down easy and you won't come away inharmed. (ask my brothers, they can vouch for me).
*sigh*. Where am I going with this? I'm not too sure. I just demand the respect I deserve. If you don't know me, I still deserve to be treated like a human being. Especially in my own home, or places that feel like my own home. My patience can only go so far, and piss me off and there will be hell to pay.

Never mind, you know what, the thing that inspired this post is not worth the time I took to wrote it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home