The Sam Update:
(I've noticed that when I don't have much to do is when I blog the least... whats up with that?)
So summer of 2003
Went through the grad ceremony
---- This was kinda bittersweet you know. I went got the cap and gown, did the ceremony, had the parties, but I still have a quarter left. Its like congrats!... almost. oh well. it was cool, even if I do have to go back. I guess I'm postponing growing up for a little bit longer.
Went to fanime con:
---- It was cool this year. Actually got Will to dress up as a character, even if he did pretty much hid the whole day. But overall a good experience. Got to see my best friend from LA since he came up, and had a relativlely stress free con.
Went home and off immediately to Anime Expo:
---- Sadly Anime expo was not as fun for me as Fanime was. I went back to my old department, Merchadising, but that wasn't it. There was just an overlaying down feeling for me there. I had really bad news right at the start of con(family stuff), but that wasn't it. There was just an overall distant feeling for me. I don't know, I just wasn't in the mood for it.
Being at home:
---- Summer started out pretty crappy for me, loss of a loved one, didn't get into the class that I needed, and a hiring freeze so that I couldn't get my old job back. Most days I just stayed home, ran errands for my mom, cleaned my old room (it had been used for storage in my absence), and watched tv. Nothing much. I flew back up for Anna's bridal shower, which was cool, but then went back down to LA two days later. Lots of introspective thoughts, but thats for later posts
Back in Davis once more:
---- Came back up for Anna's wedding. So now I can finally say "always a bridesmaid, never a bride". But the wedding was really cute and sweet. I wish Anna and Mike all the happiness in the world. It was cool to see people I haven't seen in a while. Then headed back to the house. Been cleaning here too, and hanging out a lot.
Good news:
Some friends called me up and I'm going to be assistant stage managing a show next week and then stage managing a different show the following week. Then if I'm back in Davis in time, I'm going to be working on a show in the Mondavi center in September. So looks like I will be doing something with my summer after all.
well, it's late, and I should be off to bed.
catch you later!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home